Criteria for Admission
AAS will grant admission after evaluating each application based on the following:
- Each applicant’s previous School record
- Letters of recommendation
- An individual assessment consisting of a personal interview and age appropriate entrance exams
- Knowledge of and interest in the schools philosophy and project, including extracurricular activities
- Commitment to the School Mission.
After evaluating the former, siblings of AAS students and children of AAS Faculty and staff will have priority admission.
The Admissions Process may have several outcomes. AAS reserves the right to admit, admit conditionally, place on the wait list or deny admission to any candidate. An Admission is not final until the family receives an official letter with the decision of the Admissions Committee.
If you want to find out more about Aquinas American School, would like to be invited to an information meeting, or just visit and tour the school, please begin by completing an Information Inquiry on our online admissions portal: htt
Should you be interested in moving forward in the admissions process, please submit an Application through: htt
Please note you will be asked to provide the following documents:
– The School transcripts or grades for the previous 2 school years and the current school year
– Applicants Information
– ID/ Passport copies
– Two letters of recommendation directly issued and sent from the admissions platform to the designated teacher, principal or advisor
– Non-native English speakers applying for grades 9 – 12 must provide results from the Duolingo English Test (DET). Duolingo has created a reliable and user-friendly English language proficiency exam that students can take on a computer. It is a fast and inexpensive alternative to other options.The exam uses computer-adaptive testing, meaning the questions will adapt to each test-takers’ ability, generating a different set of questions for every session. The exam requires the Google Chrome browser and your computer's self-facing camera and microphone. The testing session is recorded and verified by a Duolingo proctor, and the results are available within 48 hours.
- Instructions to share Duolingo English Test scores: https://englishtest.
duolingo.com/sharing. To take the test, please refer to the attached flyer.
We will, exceptionally, admit G12 students if they have been abroad for at least 5 years or due to their transfer cannot be enrolled otherwise.
Notification of Admissions
The delay for K1- K3 Admissions will be 15 calendar days.
We will publish a first list for the G1 – G12 Admissions on March 1st.
A second list will be published on April 1st.
Once you receive Notification of Admission, you will then have 15 calendar days to confirm, in writing, your intention to accept admission for your child/children. This confirmation must be made using the form included in the Notification of Admission, which also states the fees you must pay in order to secure the students place at AAS. If we do not receive this confirmation of acceptance at the end of the 15 day period we will understand that you relinquish the allotted space and we will thus offer it to another student.
You may also mail the Application forms and other documents to:
Aquinas American School
C/ Poniente, 20
Pozuelo de Alarcón 28223 – Madrid
AAS cannot commit to offering special curricular adaptation or intervention programs. Parents are requested to submit all pertinent documentation in order to evaluate each individual case.
For further information, please consult our Student Support Services.