At AAS we are devoted to catering to the needs of our families and providing the best possible service. We dedicate all our resources and time to each and every family.
Therefore, prior to scheduling the tour, AAS will request from the student/family certain documents to study the eligibility of pursuing the admissions process.
Please fill out the following form and our Admissions Team will get in contact with you shortly to schedule a visit of Aquinas American School Campuses.
Criteria for Admission
AAS will grant admission after evaluating each application based on the following:
- Each applicant’s previous School record
- Letters of recommendation
- An individual assessment consisting of a personal interview and age appropriate entrance exams
- Knowledge of and interest in the schools philosophy and project, including extracurricular activities
- Commitment to the School Mission.
After evaluating the former, siblings of AAS students and children of AAS Faculty and staff will have priority admission.
The Admissions Process may have several outcomes. AAS reserves the right to admit, admit conditionally, place on the wait list or deny admission to any candidate. An Admission is not final until the family receives an official letter with the decision of the Admissions Committee.
If you want to find out more about Aquinas American School, would like to be invited to an information meeting, or just visit and tour the school, please begin by completing and sending us these forms:
If you are ready to submit an application for admission, please email the following documents to email@example.com :
- The Admissions Application Forms:
*Please note that recommendation letters are confidential and shall be addressed to our school by the teacher, principal or advisor directly.
- The School transcripts or grades for the previous 2 school years.
- Two letters of recommendation directly issued and sent from the school to AAS.
- Non-native English speakers applying for grades 11 or 12 must take the TOEFL exam. They must achieve a score of 550 or higher for the paper-based test, 200 or better for the computer-based test, and 90 or better (a minimum score of 24 in the Writing section and a minimum score of 22 in the Reading section) on the Internet-based test. Please indicate Aquinas American School as a score recipient using Code 6297. Scores will be sent to us directly by ETS.
- Non-native English speakers applying for grades 9 or 10 must provide results from the Duolingo English Test (DET), achieving a score of 120 or higher. Duolingo has created a reliable and user-friendly English language proficiency exam that students can take on a computer. It is a fast and inexpensive alternative to other options.The exam uses computer-adaptive testing, meaning the questions will adapt to each test-takers’ ability, generating a different set of questions for every session. The exam requires the Google Chrome browser and your computer’s self-facing camera and microphone. The testing session is recorded and verified by a Duolingo proctor, and the results are available within 48 hours.
The admission process is conditional to the receipt of the final grades from the current academic year.All students studying G7-G11 abroad, must bring all the original documents certified by the country of origin and with the Apostille of the Hague.
- We will, exceptionally, admit G12 students if they have been abroad for at least 5 years or due to their transfer shall remain unscholarized otherwise.
Notification of Admissions
The delay for K1- K3 Admissions will be 15 calendar days.
We will publish a first list for the G1 – G12 Admissions on March 1st.
A second list will be published on April 1st.
Once you receive Notification of Admission, you will then have 15 calendar days to confirm, in writing, your intention to accept admission for your child/children. This confirmation must be made using the form included in the Notification of Admission, which also states the fees you must pay in order to secure the students place at AAS. If we do not receive this confirmation of acceptance at the end of the 15 day period we will understand that you relinquish the allotted space and we will thus offer it to another student.
You may also mail the Application forms and other documents to:
Aquinas American School
C/ Transversal Cuatro, 4
Pozuelo de Alarcón 28223 – Madrid
AAS cannot commit to offering special curricular adaptation or intervention programs. Parents are requested to submit all pertinent documentation in order to evaluate each individual case.
For further information, please consult our Student Support Services.