Pre School (K1, K2, K3)
Elementary habits are acquired at this age, and children begin to relate to others most often in their school environment. Playgrounds and the cafeteria are daily educational opportunities to begin learning how to interact with others.
During this stage the goal is to lay the foundations for the child to grow in harmony. The early years are critical for initiating the development of the child’s abilities, especially in neurological and affective aspects.
We offer children all the elements that both encourage and enhance their natural desire to learn about everything and, at the same time, allow them to assimilate the skills to interact with the world around them.
This is supported by the following factors:
- A warm and caring team of both and teachers and staff.
- Progressive development of habits that encourage the child’s independence and social skills.
- Physical Education, under the guidance of an experienced teacher, promoting the initial development of fine and gross motor skills. Helping to create the neurological structures that facilitate the proper development of intelligence.
- Games are an ideal medium for capturing a cheerful setting for memory stimulation as well as learning to accept rules and to work with others.
- Music, through which hearing sensitivity develops, forms appreciation to a sense of rhythm, and an initial exploration of voice and song.
- Art class, fostering imagination and creativity, developing fine motor skills and the use of a child´s first simple art tools such as brushes and scissors encourages an appreciation for well done work and projects.
- Precise control of verbal language; helping the child to use words correctly, to know things by their proper name, and to be able to express their wishes and feelings, the acquisition of new vocabulary and memory development through the use of stories and poems.
- Literacy, in which they learn the alphabet, early reading and learning to write short texts.
- An appreciation and understanding of the main seasons, holidays and traditions and to develop a Christian perception of time and sense of community life.
- Introduction to the first simple prayers and understanding of God.